Friday, May 3, 2013

My school Boy

I am finally getting my act together and blogging. I thought I would be so good and posting but I am definitely out of the habit. So today we shall play a little catch up.

Nathan starting school was one of the big changes when we moved down here. In Elko I had worked with Nate as well as done Mommy School with a few of our friends. When we made the decision to move here we were told that it would be best for him to start as soon as possible so he could be caught up. Down here people start their kids in preschool at 2. 

It had definitely been a big adjustment for Andy and I. I was sad my little boy was growing up but I am more upset about how much I missed him during the day. He is my little buddy and I have been a little lost without him. Andy also lost his best friend during the day.

Nathan on the other hand has loved every moment of it. He is going to a private school. There are 9 kids in his class. It's very fun because it is so diverse. Several of the children are Dominican but there are also many from Europe. There is also another little boy from the U.S. For the kids the common language is English but most have other first languages such as Spanish and German. I am amazed how fast he is picking up so many different words. He is already speaking more Spanish than I know. There is a teacher and an assistant that are both wonderful. I am happy to say that he actually learned something from me. By the end of the first month his teacher let me know that he is working at the same level as the other kids that have been in school since they were 2. Now after 2 months he has started reading and he has already passed off 3 reading books.

It has been so much fun to see him learn and grow. I get a little emotional when I start to wonder where my sweet baby has gone. I also get very proud of the sweet boy that I see growing up before me.


Nathan's first day of school


Nathan's first day with his new uniform


Nathans first passed off reading book!

No comments:

Post a Comment