Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Welcome to crazy land

Alright...so this post isn't about Nathan. It is about the new baby...well...kinda. This pregnancy has definately had it's ups and downs. Thankfully more ups than downs. Of the 3 pregnancies I have had I will say in some ways it has been the easiest. The morning sickness was definitely bad but my other pregnancies have been worse. The thing I don't get about this pregnancy is the cravings.

With Nathan I had a few cravings. One was bagles and towards the end I couldn't get enough fruit. Especially melons. With Avery I was way to sick to even want to eat. This time around though it is crazy. I cannot tell you how strange and strong they have been.

It first started with donuts. I kept telling Jake for days that all I wanted was a donut. I even had a dream about it. Finally after about 4 days of constantly wanting a donut I turned to Jake and told him that there was no way he was going to bed before he went to the store and got me a donut. Sad thing is that he brought home a package of crumb donuts and I ate half of one and it was done. I haven't wanted one since. This has lead to many and I mean MANY other trips and outings just to appease me. It is unreal. I feel like a small child throwing a tantrum but it doesn't stop me from wanting more. So here is a list of the food baby likes :)

1 half of a donut
chocolate milk (this is one I had with Nathan)
pineapple (lots of it)
mandrin oranges (again lots of it)
Rice Chex
Frosties
Sour Patch Kids (Sadly lots and lots)
Life cereal
Mexican Food (if I could go out to eat every night I would)
Bread and Butter Pickles
Orange Rolls
Milk (this is odd because I don't usually like regular milk but I have been drinking a lot of it)
Green Beans
Cucumber Sandwiches (Emily Robbins you did this to me :))
White Bread (I never buy white bread???)
Sprite (this only lasted a month and I am glad it is over)
Cream Cheese and Jam sandwiches
Orange Juice

Weird thing is that I hate ice cream and chinese food which is just wrong because those are usually on the top of my favorites list.

Oh well. I have offically been pregnant for 1 year. Hears to gaining a million pounds, being on partial bedrest, and having several more months of pregnancy ahead. Pray for Jake ;)


5 comments:

  1. Too funny. I'm loving all the crazy cravings. Weird how it's so different for each pregnancy! We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kristy, how I LOVE you! I read through all of your cravings and I must say...for the most part, that is one HEALTHY baby! Just be thankful this baby wants mainly healthy foods...unlike my regular diet of pastries (constantly) and greasy/fatty foods. If pineapple, mandarin oranges, sour patch kids, half of a doughnut and my infamous cucumber sandwiches is the worst you can do....count yourself lucky.

    I wonder what my diet will be like when I get pregnant...as is, I will sit down with a snicker ice cream bar, jar of pickles or pepperoncinis and BBQ Ruffles with cottage cheese. What's wrong with me?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Jake. I'm glad to hear he's "treating" you right! When I was pregnant with Dax, I hated bagels (which is usually a staple in my diet) and I loved milkshakes and zucchini. Pregnancy does strange things to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well, if i were your neighbor, i'd go grocery shopping for you! :) at least you're craving food that you can get! (or that jake can get) ;)

    ReplyDelete