Thursday, December 29, 2011

A Very Merry Christmas to you

Christmas has come and gone and we had a wonderful time. We spent this year in Utah with family. I have decided Christmas is much more fun when you have kids. Nathan made this season so special for us. We did a lot of activities as a family. Sadly I didn't document all of them. We went to Temple Square early in the month when we were in town for a day. Unfortunately I forgot to grab my back up battery and charger for my camera so there were not pictures of the evening. The highlights were Nathan saying over and over again "Christmas Lights!" very loudly. We also had a funny experience that brought back a lot of memories for me.

Twenty years ago my family was at Temple Square and my little brother had an accident...in the bathroom. We had been waiting in line for a long time and things just took to long for him. It was a funny family memory for us. Well I relived it with my little boy. Nathan was so into the lights that he gave us almost no warning that he needed to use the bathroom. Thankfully we were right next to the Joseph Smith Building. We ran inside and I took him into the bathroom. Unfortunately it took to long to get him unbundled from his winter clothes. It was funny because it was in the exact same bathroom that the accident with my brother occurred. All I could do was ring out his pants and underwear and wrap my coat round to so I could make a mad dash to our car. I called my brother that night to tell him he wasn't the only boy in the family that had an accident on Temple Square.


As the holidays drew near we prepared to go to Utah to spend time with our families. We decided that we would give Nathan some of his Christmas as home so we wouldn't have to ship it. We laid it out the morning we left for Utah. Nathan loves cooking with me and whenever we are around a kitchen set he is all over it. We decided it would be something that all of the kids would enjoy someday. Nathan's reaction was so cute.






Once we made it to Utah we spent time with my family. We had the traditional Ball family dinner. It was really fun to spend time with everyone.



One of my favorite traditions is to do the Nativity with the kids. They crack me up. Every year it is a crazy production. This year was no exception. Nathan was a shepherd and Andy was the baby Jesus.




Unfortunately we keep having the same situation with Nathan every Christmas. That evening after we went to bed he woke up screaming because his ear was hurting him. We tried for a couple of hours to get him to sleep but we had no success. Finally in the middle of the night we headed over to the emergency room. He had another bad ear infection. By the time we got out of the hospital It was 5:30 in the morning. None of us had slept. We were supposed to go up to Jakes parents later that day but we decided that we should just head up at that time because we knew once we went to sleep there was no promise we were going to wake up. Jake and I slept until mid morning but Andy was awake and family was coming over for the Cefalo family party. Nate ended up sleeping until Afternoon. When he was up he had a nasty fever and laid miserably on the couch. Finally around 7:00 he finally started to come out of the worst of it.



The rest of Chistmas Eve was spent with family opening presents and having fun together. Andy and his cousin Conner were super cute together.




Christmas morning came all to fast. Thankfully Nathan was doing a little better. His energy was low but he enjoyed opening his gifts from Santa.




It was a wonderful holiday season for us. Our families have been really blessed this year. We are so thankful for all the Lord gives us.

No comments:

Post a Comment