Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I'm so ready for spring

I have spent the last half hour organizing some picture folders and I found a shot that I have to post here. It made me laugh. First, doesn't Nathan have the greatest look on his face? Second, doesn't it look so nice and warm? Yup...I need spring. So break out the sunscreen and lets have a pool party or bbq. I am pretty sure this has been the longest winter ever. Seriously! Spring needs to get here in a quick hurry because I need me some sun.


It has been a little crazy around here the past few weeks. That is probably adding to my longing for warmer days. I want to move forward with this year. The month started pretty well with Jakes family making a quick trip out to Elko. They came to help us with a few yard projects. Our yard needed some major cleaning and pruning so Jakes parents and Jon & Tami came out to help. In just one morning all of the trees were pruned (meaning 9 in the backyard and 3 in front) and we took down 2 yucky pine trees that were making a mess. We now have a giant wood pile in our side yard that needs to be taken to the dump. Anyone have a truck they want to lend us for an afternoon? :) We were very thankful for their help and we are excited for the coming summer so we can make our yard a place we enjoy together as a family.






Pretty much the rest of the month I spent in Utah. I ended up needing to have surgery to help me carry the baby. I have been on bedrest but I am now up and around being very cautious. This surgery should help me carry the baby to 36 weeks. As long as I am careful and don't have any other complications I should be able to stay in Elko I will just need to take it easy.

That was pretty much the whole month for us.

3 comments:

  1. Kristy, see if anyone around you needs fire wood. I know the Funks have a fire place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want the warmer days to get here fast too! I sure hope the surgery helps this pregnancy go full term. We'll keep you in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally feel the same way about the weather. Elko and Rock Springs always have the coldest temps on the news. Lucky us. I hope everything goes well with your pregnancy. I know how hard it is to be pregnant after losing a baby. You will definitely be in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete